Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fishing A&A Bait Shop Pine Grove, PA

Sweet Arrow Lake in Pine Grove, PA


Went fishing today. First, I stopped at the Little Swatara Creek and fished about 1 1/2 hours. Then, I headed over to Sweet Arrow Lake for about an hour.

Fishing wasn't that good. Maybe it's due to the past three days of rain. I had a nice trout on the line but he got off while at Little Swatara Creek. That was while using PowerBait. I was using the sparkle scent type bait. I did catch 3 whiteys. Nothing to brag about.


Over at Sweet Arrow Lake, one sunny. A few hard bites, seemed like bass to me.

When I left, I stopped at the A & A Bait Shop, in Pine Grove, directly across the boat ramp at Sweet Arrow Lake. Nice selection of baits and reasonable prices. I got two dozen night crawlers. Currently priced at $2.74 a dozen. With tax the total was $5.70. The owner even opens up the Styrofoam containers they come in to show you the worms are healthy. A & A Bait Shop also carry a good selection of hooks,gear,lures,etc.

The current hours at A & A Bait Shop are Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m.- 6.p.m.. Sunday hours are 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.

If you go, ring the buzzer at the door to be let in.

No comments: